Sunday, December 21, 2008

New Bicycle


Ok just so you know I have a real actual addiction to bicycling. Over the last 6 years I have owned 9 bicycles and no I do not still own them all. It's pretty stupid from a financial point because I'll buy a bike ( I'm not talking about a $100 - $200 department store bike ) ride it for awhile - sometimes as little as a couple of months - then sell it just to buy a new one. I have a real problem with this. Well I'm done with this vicious cycle and am finally able to be happy with what I have. About 4 years ago I was totally into bicycle racing and wanted nothing more than just ride FAST every waking moment. Then I personally  saw just how corrupt this sport is, even at my low entry CAT 5 level. I was so fed up that I totally withdrew from the sport completely forgetting just how much I love to simply ride. I sold my $2500 race bike and seriously downgraded to try and get as far away as i could from the whole scene. I spent the next few years going through numerous bikes still not finding that love of cycling that I once had. ( but during this time I did have one awesome bike.. Specialized Tricross ) Just recently I've met some people who still ride for the pure pleasure of it,  Not to punish those riding with them or to put on a euro fashion show. Somehow I found it again, that love, the feeling of riding the most eco friendly mechanically efficiant machine ever created by man- the bicycle. About this same time my old neighborhood bike store announced it is moving to my new city of residence. ( in my mind this is happening just for me ) So I have decided to jump back into the sport of cycling- NOT racing - just the pure beautiful sport of cycling. I have bought a bike that I'm sure will be around with me for awhile. Specialized Allez , this is an awesome lightweight road bike, flat black, fast, agile, sexy.... yes a bike can be sexy. I plan on spending a lot of time in the saddle this coming year. but for now I'll settle for the indoor trainer.

1 comment: