Thursday, December 18, 2008

NOT FAT ENOUGH?

So every year my company does a weight loss challenge. You get into teams of 4 to 8 people and the the team who losses the most ( percentage ) wins, bragging rights, gift cards, sexiness, etc. well although I'm not obese I'm not anywhere near as healthy as I was . When I started with my company 3 years ago I weighed 130lbs, 8% body fat and had a 30" waist. NOW I'm at 157lbs, 18% body fat and a 33" waist. Amazing what can happen if you stop exercising and eat more than you have before:) Well I'm saying ENOUGH! It's time to get back on the bike ( brand new bike more detail in later blog entry ) and eat "sensibly".  I signed up for my departments team and was ridiculed  for not being fat enough.. really come on, I may not be a candidate for  gastric bypass but I can stand to loose 15lbs or so. I know that it's possible, I was 170lbs before I started cycling. I know 170lbs may not sound like much for an American male but on my frame it was pretty flabby -my dad is 55 years old and weighs 140lbs-. So with or without my teams acceptance I'm loosing a minumum of 15lbs after the new year. This is not a "new years resolution" this is a fact, promise, necessity.

stay tuned

1 comment:

  1. Darn! What a sad day..I am sure I wouldn't have that problem-- I would be first on everyone's list of team picks....but at least you have the willpower. They should totally take that into consideration.

    ReplyDelete